Thursday 9 February 2012

Try out Fathom

I said yesterday that I would offer a very early build of Fathom for you to play around with and check out, and true to my word, here it is. It should be noted that you will need to install the XNA 4.0 Redistributable in order for the game to function. 

A few quick notes regarding the controls:

W, A, S, D - Movement (although W & S don't do anything yet..)
Spacebar - Jump
Left Click - Remove blocks at cursor
Right Click - Add blocks at cursor

There is also a developer mode that allows you to fly around the game world a little more quickly in order to find things:

Delete - Enable / Disable Dev Mode
Arrow Keys - Move character around

There are still a few issues that need to be resolved:

The collision detection system needs a major overhaul, as it is currently a little bit glitchy. If you get stuck, the best bet is to hit the spacebar a few times, it seems to fix the majority of issues.

Clouds seem to be occasionally spawning below the terrain, I thought I had fixed this, but I think the generation script needs to be overhauled.

Everything you see in the game currently is placeholder artwork. 

The game may crash if the camera moves outside of the world bounds, although this hasn't been thoroughly tested yet.

Now that you've made it through my blathering, grab the game and check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment